Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 06:29:50 +0200 (SAST)
From:      The Psychotic Viper <psyv@sec-it.net>
To:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
Cc:        Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4_3 calls itself -RELEASE?

Hi,

On various days in Aug 2001, numerous people wrote:
<varied stuff about the tag naming system on freebsd>

Ok heres my 2c ZAR which is probably worth literally nothing anywhere
else, but how about -DDMMYY? Could even keep the -STABLE and append to
that (or the various fruit(y)? and veggie related ideas) , working on the
date of the src's the system was built on and then Advisories can state
builds before fixed date are vulnerable and need be updated. That pose any
problems? Also sorry if its been mentioned before just the threads gotten
so long and involved I cant recall if it has been.
Any objections or pointers feel free.:)

PsyV