Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:34:25 -0500
From:      "Thompson, Jimi" <JimiT@mail.cox.smu.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BIND Upgrade 8 to 9 w/odd problem

I wanted to post this to the FreeBSD list.  We recently upgrade our BIND
server from 8.4.5 to 9.2.3.  Under the old BIND, we have everything
working.  Now, the new server isn't accepting updates from the servers
that it SHOULD be accepting updates from and it isn't allowing zone
transfers to the servers that should be getting zone transfers from it.

=20

I'd be happy to post the named.conf, if any one has any ideas. =20

=20

Thanks,

=20

Ms. Jimi Thompson, CISSP

Manager, Web Operations

Cox School of Business

Southern Methodist University

=20

"What kind of peace do we seek? Not a 'Pax Americana' enforced on the
world by American weapons of war. Not the peace of the grave or the
security of a slave. I am talking about genuine peace, the kind of peace
that makes life on earth worth living, the kind that enables men and
nations to grow and to hope and to build a better life for their
children-not merely peace for Americans, but peace for all men and
women; not merely peace in our time, but peace for all time." - John F.
Kennedy

=20

=20

=20