Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:39:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 a severe disappointment

> The bad points I've noticed so far are:
>
> First, it doesn't notice when I remove the pcmcia card.  Something is broken
> here.

Warner accidentally broke polling mode.  I think he fixed it later.

> Second, it takes longer to boot these days.  When combined with the
> above, it makes it difficult to test changes to pccard.conf.

You can kill/restart pccardd.  However, the 'long' bootup time is a good
thing, in that the cards are now completely configured before the system
continues on.  Before, they just 'showed up' whenever, so if you had
network settings and such the system went on w/out knowing it was on the
network.

Yes, it's slower, but it's safer. :)

Nate