Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:19:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "rainer littlecloud@vif.com" <rainer@www.Vif.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fetchmail/pine nonsense - newbie

hello,

i'm having trouble accessing my mail as 'user'.

pine seems to have created a mail folder in /home/user/mail (sent mail
goes there) yet fetchmail insists on dumping my stuff in /var/mail. when i
try to access /var/mail/user i get a 'invalid remote specification'? which
one of these 2 do i configure to rectify the situation. tried changing my
inbox in pine to either of the above with the same error message.

read up a little on the .mailrc file but i just want to run fetchmail
manually to access my mail once in a while.

thanks