Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 1995 12:15:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APM resume not rx'd with 3Com589C in PCMCIA slot

> On a DEC HiNote 433 notebook APM functions fine as long as i don't plug a
> 3Com 3C589C into the PCMCIA slot - if i do, and want to APM-resume after a
> APM-suspend, the display is switched on but nothing more happenes.

This is/was the cause of the problem:

	*      From: if_ep.c,v 1.9 1994/01/25 10:46:29 deraadt Exp $
	*      $Id: if_zp.c,v 1.6.4.1 1995/08/19 23:27:14 davidg Exp $

delete the following statement on line 726 of function zp_suspend():

	pcic_power_off(sc->slot);

After this modification, the machine is properly resumed after a suspend.

When the power management is under the control of the APM BIOS, the above
statement obviously interferes with the APM routines in that it tries to
do what really is the duty of the APM routines.

A send-pr has been submitted.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis           hm@altona.hamburg.com              Hamburg, Europe