Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:45:46 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        opentrax@email.com
Cc:        lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: accessing portal site

On Sunday, 12 November 2000 at 22:10:28 -0800, opentrax@email.com wrote:

> On 13 Nov, Greg Lehey wrote:
>> On Sunday, 12 November 2000 at 20:18:57 -0500, Lanny Baron wrote:
>>>
>>> You may not like my "tone". Which is to me,is unimportant in this
>>> issue.  The ISSUE was, Intel not allowing non I.E. browsers to
>>> access the portal and other private to channel users, site(s).
>>>
>>> .....[Trimmed massive malarque]....
>>>
>>> This is not some apologetic answer back. This is to defend my
>>> warranted mail as a person whom is dedicated to promoting FreeBSD.
>>
>> As I said, you're welcome to do what you want as long as you don't
>> involve us.
>>
>>> In no way did I make any representation or link between myself and The
>>> FreeBSD Project or any of its communities.
>>
>> By copying -advocacy, you implied exactly that.  Please don't do it
>> again.  You're more than welcome to behave in whatever manner you see
>> fit, but have the courtesy to not raise the impression that
>> FreeBSD-advocacy is behind you.
>>
> I disagree with your last statement, Greg.
>
> I will concure(sp?) that the original posting has no business in
> Advocacy@freebsd.org. I also agree that his topic is definitely of
> subject. I further agree that using a more diplomatic approach
> does have it merits and at times can be more effective that
> the 'gunshot and dynamite' method.
>
> As I see this posting, this person is informing us of some
> rather important information, which we might want to take note of.
> The topic, while NOT belonging to 'advocacy', is of importance
> to those who advocacte *BSD. Personally I can recount many
> such stories, but this is not about me.
>
> I should finish by saying that while this person's information
> is important to those who advocate *BSD. There seems to be
> no one willing to 'step up to the plate' and deal with this
> information so that we might make effective use of it.

Sorry, maybe I need to clarify my statement.  I don't have an issue
with Lanny copying the list on the followups; as you say, it's
certainly of interest, especially since he has been successful.  My
concern is the same as yours, that he shouldn't have copied us on his
initial message to Intel.  I wouldn't have objected if he had sent the
message to Intel and then forwarded it to us.

Greg