Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:10:46 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>
Cc:        Don <don@blacksun.org>, Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxp0 hangs on a PC164 using STABLE

>On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 02:02:54PM -0400, Don wrote:
>> > Do these fxp cards run on Alpha boxes?
>> No I appologize. This was in response to the comment about instability on
>> x86 and was directed towards David.
>
>See -current archives.
>There were some Mails that mentioned this to happen when using IPv6.
>Anyway I never was able to see that problem myself since 4.0-RELEASE
>on x86.

   I believe the issues related to IPv6 were solved long ago. They were caused
by some bad assumptions (in the IPv6 code) regarding driver startup
initialization. I don't believe that there were any intermittant problems,
however - it just didn't work at all with IPv6.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Manufacturer of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.