Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:08:56 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPv6 and logon information

Hi,

I have a question regarding the login information.

There are several ways to see this like w, who, finger and last. With
'last' you usually see the hostname, if it fits, or the IP address,
which obviously always fits with IPv4.

That way you can check logins from different places by viewing
last, which is one piece of assuring you're the only one using your
account.

The problem: With IPv6 I don't have a way to view this information
(well, except for a running connection by viewing the sockets...).

Any ideas, hints?

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |