Date:      Sat, 29 Jul 2000 02:04:36 -0500
From:      Zach Johnson <xopl@execpc.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   2 OS's on a BIG harddrive...

Hello,

I've never tried to have a 2nd OS with FreeBSD before.  I am building a
new system and I have a blank 30.7GB ATA harddrive.  These details about
the 1024th cylinder confuse me a bit.  The 4.1 release notes state
something about fixing problems with the 1024th cylinder issue if you
have a certain BIOS?  If I want to give approx 15GB to FreeBSD and 15GB
to winblows, how should I partition this new drive?  Should I make a
partition for '/' and the primary dos partition for installing winblows
in the first 500MB and then use the rest of the disk to make my other
FreeBSD and dos partitions?

I would be grateful for whatever help you can provide!
Thanks,
Zach Johnson