Date:      Fri, 04 Sep 1998 18:42:35 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        Yoav Cohen-Sivan <ycs@netvision.net.il>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG

Eivind Eklund wrote:

> Well, moderated lists generally have more benefits than closed-to-post
> lists.  The problems are mostly when discussions start warping with
> the regular subscribers, anyway...

Yeah, we tend to get a lot of discussions that should be moved to -chat
more quickly.

Perhaps a semi-moderated list would work well, where the "moderator(s)"
can kill a topic?  I don't know of Majordomo, or any other list manager,
supports such a feature, but it would sure be nice.

On Planet FreeBSD, such a kill would be a sure sign the thread needs to
move to -chat or just DIE.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com