Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:20:32 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Anatoly Vorobey <mellon@pobox.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Legal Comprehension (was: Re: ksh ?)

Anatoly Vorobey writes:
> You, David Kelly, were spotted writing this on Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 10:58:02PM -0500:
> >
> > If I was Dictator Of The World I'd leave the President and Congress to
> > do the dirty work but the first Order I'd impose would be, "You can
> > pass no new law unless the President can score 70% on an exam based on
> > that law." The simple idea being if a professional lawmaker doesn't
> > understand 70% of the new law then there is no hope of a citizen ever
> > understanding well enough to comply.
>
> But is the President a lawmaker? I thought he was a professional
> law breaker^H^H^H^H^H^H^Henforcer and, err, vetoer...
>
> Maybe you should require the Congress to take the exam and the law
> would only pass if >=70% members pass the exam...

Great! Everyone living within the Beltline of Washington D.C. should be
required to take the exam. If the class fails then not only does that
law fall away but we'll hold a random drawing and throw out yet another
law existing law until the Federal Code is weaned down to a
comprehensible size.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net