Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:49:38 +0530
From:      "Rajkumar S" <rajkumars@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   netgraph to userspace?

Hi,

Is it possible to take a packet from netgraph to userspace and drop it
there? ie, can I
insert some netgraph node between say lower and upper of a ng_ether
push the packets to
userspace [snort] for some processing and possibly either drop it there?

I know  that NgSendData and NgRecvData can be used to sent and receive
data using
ng_socket, but what I want to confirm is that does these work like a
man in the middle,
receiving from one end and sent it to next? And if I receive a packet
and forgets to
sent, it's effectievly dropped?

With warm regards,

raj