Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:21:43 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        David Hobley <davidh@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libfontmanager.so link error (runtime)

Hi David,

> I compiled up the Java2 as patched with the -4 patchset.
> I also included the iomgr.c patch for FreeBSD 4 and everything
> built just swimmingly. When I try to run though, I get:
>
> % java mainclass
> Warning: JIT compiler "sunwjit" not found. Will use interpreter.
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> /scratch/jdk1.2.2/build/freebsd/lib/i386/libfontmanager.so:
> /scratch/jdk1.2.2/build/freebsd/lib/i386/libfontmanager.so:
> Undefined symbol "__pure_virtual"
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1319)
> <yada, yada, yada>
>
> Is this some problem with the compiler?

What version of FreeBSD are you actually compiling on (4.0?).  This problem
is precisely Issue 15 -- (look in the file ISSUES).  You should fix it by
editting build/freebsd/makefiles/Defs-freebsd.gmk, uncommenting the
extra LDLIBS_COMMON line and recompiling.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083