Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 13:09:05 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Thierry Herbelot <herbelot@cybercable.fr>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel trap 25 ?

> Hello
>
> I see the following in my messages log :
>
> Jan 10 18:18:02 tfh /kernel: kernel trap 25 with interrupts disabled
>
> what does this mean ?
>
> % uname -a
> FreeBSD tfh.herbelot.nom 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #5: Sun Dec 20
> 21:04:37 CET 1998
> thierry.herbelot@tfh.herbelot.nom:/usr/src/sys/compile/TFH  i386
>
> (Current cvsupped around Dec 19 13:01)

According to Peter Wemm:

<peter_> DrZipLok: trap 25: My guess is one of either:
<peter_> Drzip: race condition context switching between processes with their
  own private TSS (wine for exmaple)
<peter_> DrZip: 2: some sort of corruption of process or pcb/pcbext context
<peter_> Drzip: 3: some sort of CPU incompatability (ie: kernel doesn't know
  about variations (or bugs) in (say) K6 or Cyrix)

Are you running eg. Wine?  What hardware?  Any other strange problems?