Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:16:52 +0100
From:      Jose Antonio Galache <jgalache@tlmat.unican.es>
To:        silkie@gotadsl.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xorg 6.9-7.3 upgrade failure - assistance needed

Hi Jonathan,

I have a problem because I run first #portupgrade -Rr 'gstreamer*' and
then portupgrade -a -x 'gstreamer*' and I could finish the upgrade (in
my case from 6.9 to 7.2), so perhaps trying with portupgrade -a -x
'gstreamer*', you could manage the already gstreamer ports installed.

After running this I got a stale dependency and I solved it it this way:

Stale dependency: bonobo-1.0.22_3->ghostscript-gpl-8.56_3 manually run
'pkgdb -F' to fix or specify -0 to force

#pkgdb --Ff
It asks you to fix the dependencies, so you fix them.

Error: ghostscript --gpl not compatible with ghostscript-gnu

#portupgrade --o print/ghostscript-gpl ghostscript-gnu

Then, I followed with the commands indicated in the /usr/ports/UPDATING.