Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 01:22:31 -0800
From:      Travis Cole <tcole@nihilist.org>
To:        jdickes <jdickes@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Confiigureing a FreeBSD kernel

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 02:18:28AM -0700, jdickes wrote:
> Hi,
>     Name is thxix. I was wondering is anyone could help give me some
> generalized commands to configure my kernel on my laptop.
> I have a Toshiba 2105cds
> I would like to configure it with support for my maestro sound card, apm,
> and better support to get my Xercom 10/100 +56k pcmcia modem working.
> any suggestions would be greatley appricated i am running FreeBSD 4.0
> and i can not get online so i can not upgrade to 4.1 or what ever the
> latest is. and if anybody knows where i could get the toshiba utilitys
> package from that would be a great help aswell ( eg the fan)
> thx. thxix

If you have it installed, check out your local copy of the FreeBSD
handbook.  Specificly the chapter on kernel configuration.

You can find it here:
/usr/share/doc/handbook/kernelconfig.html

Or on the net here:
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html

Hope thats helpfull.

Also you may want to configure your mail reader to do proper line ends
at something like 72 characters per line.

--
-Travis