Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:03:06 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8ystein_Andreassen?= <oystein.andreassen@systec.no>
To:        "'BSD Freak'" <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Network RAID on FreeBSD

What kind of services needs failover?
Just plain files? Have you looked at CODA? http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/
It might be possible to set up to coda replicated servers. But I'm not =
sure
how this replication works. :)=20
But it might be worth a look.

I also think it's possible to store data on a SAN, connect both servers =
it and when the master fail, make the slave mount whatever it needs. =
But
this kind of solution costs money, and you have to place the SAN on one =
of
the locations (or a third), so if you have a fire or anything you will =
lose
it.

But it would be much easier to help if we knew what kind of services =
you
need failover for...

=D8ystein