Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:36:58 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Karl Waddell <kwaddell@directvinternet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Supported Platform for FreeBSD

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 10:56:42PM -0500, Karl Waddell wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>=20
> I have a chance to purchase a DEC Server 3000 Digital Equip. Corp. Server,
> Digital Equipment Corporation Server 3000 Dual PII 333 with 512mb of Ram.=
=20
>=20
> Is it supported under 4.5 version of FreeBSD.

FreeBSD supports Dual Pentium II systems, yes.  If you're worried
about the other individual components (NIC, disk controllers, etc)
being supported, then they probably are (unless it has really weird
hardware) -- but you'll need to obtain a listing of exactly what is in
the machine and check against the supported hardware list which can be
found in the release notes for 4.5-RELEASE.

Kris

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU--