Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 1996 19:51:00 -0500
From:      Ron Bolin <rlb@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Todays Build 12-28 ypserv and libc depend ??

--------------446B9B3D2781E494167EB0E7

In building todays current 12-28. I found that building usr.sbin/ypserv
required me to build and install libc b4 I could build ypserv. Is this
intentional, if so fine. Otherwise, under my configuration, I could not
complete a make world because ypserv depended on __dns_getanswer being
linked
and as far as I could see it was in libc, which had not been installed
yet.
Once I did a cd lib;make install, then make world and ypserv linked fine
and the complete source tree finished the build.

Seems odd to have to break out of the world and do a partial install.
Just checking sanity here and my configuration.

Ron
Ron Bolin rlb@mindspring.com, http://www.mindspring.com/~rlb/
GSU: gs01rlb@panther.gsu.edu matrlbx@indigo4.cs.gsu.edu  Home:
770-992-8877

--------------446B9B3D2781E494167EB0E7

cc -O    -o ypset ypset.o
===> usr.sbin/ypserv
cc -O -I. -DDB_CACHE   -c yp_svc.c
cc -O -I. -DDB_CACHE   -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ypserv/yp_server.c
cc -O -I. -DDB_CACHE   -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ypserv/yp_dblookup.c
cc -O -I. -DDB_CACHE   -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ypserv/yp_dnslookup.c
cc -O -I. -DDB_CACHE   -c ypxfr_clnt.c
cc -O -I. -DDB_CACHE   -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ypserv/yp_main.c
cc -O -I. -DDB_CACHE   -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ypserv/yp_access.c
cc -O -I. -DDB_CACHE   -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/ypserv/yp_svc_udp.c
cc -O -I. -DDB_CACHE    -o ypserv yp_svc.o yp_server.o yp_dblookup.o yp_dnslooku
p.o ypxfr_clnt.o yp_main.o yp_error.o yp_access.o yp_svc_udp.o
yp_dnslookup.o: Undefined symbol `___dns_getanswer' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

--------------446B9B3D2781E494167EB0E7--