Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:42:24 +0100
From:      Tilman Linneweh <tilman@arved.at>
To:        markus@schanovsky.at
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64 and mod_php4

Hi again,

* <markus@schanovsky.at> [Do, 25 Mär 2004 at 13:42 GMT]:
> I have a big problem compiling mod_php4 for use with apache 2 on my new
> FreeBSD-amd64.
> If I include to make with mssql-support (and I need this support, this is
> the reason for this machine!) compiling stops with the following message:
>
>=========
> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libsybdb.a(dblib.o): relocation R_X86_64_32
> can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> /usr/local/lib/libsybdb.a(dblib.o): could not read symbols: Bad value
> *** Error code 1

Can you please check if you have /usr/local/lib/libsybdb.so on your system?
mod_php4 should link against the shared library version.
I just tried it on CURRENT and mod_php4 compiled successfully with mssql.

I have seen reports of people having problems with shared libraries on
AMD64. But I don't know what the cause is, and never had problems.

If you have the shared library, Can you put the config.log of mod_php4
online.
If you don't have the shared library, can you try to reinstall freetds
and put freetds' config.log somewhere online?

regards
tilman