Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 02:54:18 -0400
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
To:        Eric Boucher <eric_boucher60@yahoo.com>, FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SAMBA:No master in the field with "smbclient -NL"

Hi,
Lets assume your Winblows box is called NT1. On the Samba (FreeBSD rocks
doesn't it ;-) server, put in the address for the WINS server, assuming the
NT box is going to be the WINS server and HUP smbd and nmbd. On the Samba
server then type smbclient -L NT1 -N
That should give you the shares.

To make another box the master browser, just set the os level = 33  and you
will be fine.  As for not seeing the Samba server on the NT box, make sure
your IP addressing is good, and make sure that Samba is pointing to the
appropriate server for password and username auth.

-Lanny Baron