Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:52:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nicola Vitale <nivit@libero.it>
To:        Alberto De Giorgi <albertodegiorgi@iol.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: R: sendmail says I'm an unknown user

> [Alberto De Giorgi]
> I have found that sendmail is unable to identify a user
> whose name contains capital characters.
> When I changed my own user name from madG to
> madg sendmail stopped complaining. Is this a
> strange behavior that happens on my system only ?

If you want to use local usernames with upper case characters, add the
following line in your `sendmail' configuration file (in the directory
/usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/cf):

	define(`LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS', `rmn9u')

N.B. Add it _before_ the line `MAILER(local)'!

If you haven't got this file, edit /etc/sendmail.cf, search the line which
begins with

	Mlocal

and insert one character `u' after `F='.

It should work.

Ciao.

---
Nicola Vitale