Date:      Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:42:26 -0400
From:      Lucas Holt <luke@foolishgames.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   nvraid setup

I recently purchased a msi motherboard with an nforce 2 chipset.  It
has nvraid support.  Is it possible to use it in freebsd?  If so, can
it be used as a boot volume?

I've attempted a boot with a 5.3 release cd and found that it detects
the two drives individually.  i'm trying to do raid 0 across 2 SATA
disks.

My goal is to setup a home file/print server.  I'd even consider using
software raid if i can't get the nvraid to work.  Is it possible to
create a bootable software raid setup in freebsd?

I do have an old 10 gig drive i could through in for a root partition
in a pinch but i'd like to stick to the new sata disks if possible.

Thanks.

Please CC me as i'm not on the list.

Lucas Holt
Luke@FoolishGames.com
FoolishGames.com  (Jewel Fan Site)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)
FoolishGames.net (Enemy Territory IoM site)