Date:      29 Aug 1999 23:47:02 -0400
From:      Kevin Street <street@iname.com>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: $FreeBSD tag confusion

John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com> writes:

> The tags are expanding just fine up here in Seattle. :-)
>
> I wish you would have included the rest of the output from your cvs
> status command.  It sounds a lot like your source tree was checked
> out with "-ko".  That would show up in the "Sticky Tag" line of your
> cvs status output.

File: umap.h           	Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:	1.11	Sun Aug 29 09:54:16 1999
   Repository revision:	1.11	/usr/home/cvs/cvsroot/freebsd/src/sys/miscfs/umapfs/umap.h,v
   Sticky Tag:		(none)
   Sticky Date:		(none)
   Sticky Options:	(none)

> Do another cvs update, but this time add the "-A" flag:
>
>     cvs update -A umap.h

I did check for sticky things before I posted, but just to be safe, I've
tried the line above and also tried a full "cvs co" of the entire src
tree.  Neither helped.  I took a look at what I've got in my cvs
repository and it's wrong in there, so cvsup isn't getting the right
stuff from the server in the first place, or it isn't updating my
local cvs repository correctly.

CVSup client, GUI version
Software version: REL_16_0
Protocol version: 16.0

My first cvsup after the tags went in was from cvsup.ca.FreeBSD.ORG.
I've done a few from cvsup.FreeBSD.org to see if it would sort itself
out.  I think I'll try to get a new copy of part of the tree from
scratch and see if it's any different.
--
Kevin Street
street@iname.com