Date:      Thu, 03 May 2007 08:45:36 +0200
From:      SirDice <sirdice@xs4all.nl>
To:        Alejandro Pulver <alepulver@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting screen with/heigh by software

Alejandro Pulver wrote:
 > I want to adjust the screen width/heigh and position by software, so it
 > looks the same in Windows and FreeBSD. The driver is the same (nvidia -
 > official), but the resolution I use in Windows is 1024x768.

If you use GNOME you can change the resolution via System -> Preferences
-> Screen resolution.
KDE should have a similar application IIRC.

Another option is to remove the 1280x1024 in the Screen section in
xorg.conf. If it fails you may want to try to remove the HorizFreq and
VertRefresh from the Monitor section too and have X figure it out using
EDID.

If it does fail examine /var/log/Xorg.0.log for the reason.

HTH

Cheers,

Remko C.