Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:10:57 -0700
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Locked Out - How Might I Get In?

I posted the message at the bottom but did not get an answer yet so I
attempted to continue on my own.  After unsuccessful attempts to compile the
part I need, I tried an upgrade from /stand/sysinstall.  My plan was to get
a working system and then cvsup and recompile.

I'm doing this remotely and in the process of the upgrade, I lost my
connection.  The last I saw, the upgrade was doing the ports collection.

I can connect to the machine now and get a login prompt but none of my
previous accounts seem to exist.  Is there a default account (root?) that I
can use to login?  What is the password?  I can connect using either telnet
or ssh.

The previous version was 4.3-STABLE built sometime in April.  The upgrade
was to 4.4-RELEASE.

Thanks for your help!

Drew