Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:13:42 +0400
From:      "admin" <admin@azuni.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [PC] booting RAID before IDE

Hello, we have a PC with LSI RAID adapter and two SCSI disks. The disks in
the array have been giving hardware errors recently, so we've decided to
copy them using dump to another IDE disk. The problem is that when both the
RAID array and the IDE disk are plugged in PC, it's unable to boot off the
array, trying the empty IDE disk instead. Is there a way to boot from the
array, and yet be able to use the new disk?