Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:02:57 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@lust.geekhouse.net>
To:        Sven Vermeulen <pe2tcp@zonnet.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions mailinlist <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: diffrence between freebsd books

On Thu, 05 Oct 2000 at 14:04:43 +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> I want to buy a book for freebsd, I know there are the FreeBSD
> Handbook and the Complete FreeBSD Manual, but what are the differences
> between these books? I also need the ISBN numbers so I can order a
> book at the local book store.

The main difference between the two is that the handbook is, in a
nutshell, a printed copy of the docs on the FreeBSD.org web site.  It
was taken from a snapshot of the doc tree back in April of this year.
See http://www.FreeBSD.org/handbook/ for the online version.

- jim

--
jim mock <jim@jmock.com>        work: jim@osd.bsdi.com | jim@FreeBSD.org