Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 01:22:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@server1.wallnet.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   firebird oddity

When compiling firebird (interbase) from /usr/ports/databases/firebird,
the make fails when it can't find -ldescrypt.  When I check other
(4.3-stable) FreeBSD servers I have, I find libdescrypt in
/usr/obj...../libcrypt/

Is this the directory that firebird is looking for a file in, and, if it
is, what program/port supplies the necessary executables (or .so) files?

I took a look at the FreeBSD archive, didn't find anything that seemed
appropriate, so I decided to ask the wizards, here.

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT