Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 00:32:31 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
Cc:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth), lcremean@tidalwave.net, stuart@internationalschool.co.uk, eivind@yes.no, gibbs@plutotech.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Matt Behrens: Re: kernel compile problem

> The big diference is that config can not be used to compile userland
> programs.  Although Eivind talked about userland source configuration,
> config will still be only a source tree tool, I think.  There's no need
> to have config around in /usr/sbin.

I actually have to agree.  Having config/ not come along with the ksrc
distribution or get updated as part of src-sys with cvsup has been a
major cause of agony for people who want to just update the kernel in
order to fix some bug but don't want to cvsup src-all just so they can
get a bloody config(8) which works with it!  Justin's partial CAM
changes to config have essentially made that an absolute requirement
for anyone trying to get -stable, and it would be really nice if the
-stable user got both sets of bits with one target.

- Jordan