Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2003 13:02:56 +1000
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        Jim <vashquez@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems w/isp0 on MiataGL since 4.7-RELEASE

At 01:05 PM 14/04/03, Jim sent this up the stick:
>pkc0_mode was set to "fast".  Setting it to "ultra", as well as using
>ispfw.ko, appears to fix the problem.  Also, to clarify, I don't get
>the "invalid NVRAM header" when using ispfw.ko.
>
>I wish the SRM settings seemed a little less like black magic to me.
>I'm guessing this setting was to control the adapter's speed.  Does the
>driver assume it's "ultra"?  Just trying to figure out why it stopped
>working between 4.6.2 and 4.7.

SRM is black magic to everybody so don't feel bad :)   I just know that
mine works that way, so I figured yours would too.

>Regardless, thanks for the help.

No worries

Rob

--
As of next week, passwords will be entered in Morse code.

This is random quote 284 of 1254.

Distance from the centre of the brewing universe
[15200.8 km (8207.8 mi), 262.8 deg](Apparent) Rennerian

Public Key fingerprint = 6219 33BD A37B 368D 29F5  19FB 945D C4D7 1F66 D9C5