Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:54:58 +0100
From:      "Daniel A." <ldrada@gmail.com>
To:        "Gary Kline" <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   Re: adding a *.wav or *mp3 file to my HTML

On 2/28/06, Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org> wrote:
>         Folks,
>
>         This is for the advanced HTML people out there, or anyone
>         who knows about audio+HTML.  I have a brief (10-sec) wav
>         file that I would like to add to one html/php page.
>         If people do not have audio (say, xmms or realplayer),
>         I don't want to nag them.  The audio isn't critical,
>         but I think it's a nice touch.
>
>         One: how can I add this snd.wav to html? andor php?
>         Two: since it takes N secs to pull over the wav file,
>         is there a way to translate it to (say) 32k MP3?
>         And, again, how would I add this to my HTML/php
>         page without nagging my readers?
>
>         thanks for any pointers
>
>         gary
OH FOR GODS SAKE DO NOT ADD AUDIO TO YOUR WEBSITE!
Please! I BEG YOU!
Websites with sound are the kind of websites I never visit again. I
think that I speak for many of us, when I say that I dont WANT to hear
your mp3 file when I visit your website. I am already listening to the
music I love wholeheartedly, and I dont want your website to ruin the
greatest guitar solo in the world. Why do you ruin my guitar solo?
Why!?

Suggestion: If you are going to add the sound file despite my plea, I
recommend you that you create a warning page first (Like porn sites
have) which says "WARNING: ANNOYING EMBEDDED AUDIO INSIDE", just so I
am warned.