Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 2008 15:00:58 +1000
From:      Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@comcen.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing Xorg drivers

I'm working on getting a 7" touchscreen working- I found a uep.ko driver
which somebody migrated from netbsd (I know- I'm at the bleeding adge
here...) years ago, but I have no idea if there are any updates. For
reference the binary page faults, but building the driver seems to work
on 6.3.

I had to install the compat5x to get some software to work, but my
problem now is Xorg won't recognize the drivers. Albeit the drivers are
old, and for xfree86-4... I'd like to build them if I can't do anything
else.

What I'd like answers to are:
1. How does Xorg find the drivers? Does it just go searching the
directory?
2. What is the compatibility between Xorgs, and even Xorg and XFree86?
3. Is there a difference between Xorg drivers across platforms?

And maybe 4. Has anyone got a driver for the eGalax touchscreen already
working?

Thanks guys