Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 07:03:41 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
To:        dg@root.com, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Oliver Blasnik <ob@omnilink.net>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Again: CRD-Raid-Controller and FreeBSD 3.x

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 02:33:10AM -0800, David Greenman wrote:

> >> And this could not work as far these maximum of 32 commands is host-based, not lun-based.
> >
> >That would depend on the configuration of the unit.  It'd work well for
> >the single-drive case.

> >> Right. But on the other hand enables tq without bothering on system-crashed :)
> >> Better slow than not running.
> >
> >Perhaps.  Better fixed firmware than terrible performance.
>
>    I've been reading all of this and I'm still wondering what this is all
> about. TeraSolutions has many of the CRD-5440-104 (LVD version) controllers
> in the field and have never had problems with them.
>
> -DG

I used to have a bunch of these controllers in production use as well, never
saw this kind of problem with them, and they DID reduce the number of tag
slots from 64 downward automatically (they DO properly report queue-full).

This has to be a new firmware bug - I haven't run one in about a year, but
prior to that time they DID work as expected.

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net)  Web: http://childrens-justice.org
Isn't it time we started putting KIDS first?  See the above URL for
a plan to do exactly that!