Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 22:57:20 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Tim Kellers <timothyk@server1.wallnet.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: firebird oddity

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 01:22:07AM -0400, Tim Kellers wrote:
>=20
>=20
> When compiling firebird (interbase) from /usr/ports/databases/firebird,
> the make fails when it can't find -ldescrypt.  When I check other
> (4.3-stable) FreeBSD servers I have, I find libdescrypt in
> /usr/obj...../libcrypt/
>=20
> Is this the directory that firebird is looking for a file in, and, if it
> is, what program/port supplies the necessary executables (or .so) files?
>=20
> I took a look at the FreeBSD archive, didn't find anything that seemed
> appropriate, so I decided to ask the wizards, here.

It probably should never have been linking against libdescrypt
directly -- access to that library was supposed to be indirected
through the libcrypt symlink (there used to also be a libscrypt which
it could also point to).  The libdescrypt library has gone away and
libcrypt is an actual library now.

Kris

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--