Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:01:25 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        fomin@pisem.net
Subject:   Re: my kernel is not build/install

On Friday 26 June 2009 01:25:58 pm fomin@pisem.net wrote:
> On Friday 26 June 2009 12:50:22 pm Rolf G Nielsen wrote:
> > =CA=E8=F0=E8=EB=EB =C0. =D4=EE=EC=E8=ED wrote:
> > > =C7=E4=F0=E0=E2=F1=F2=E2=F3=E9=F2=E5, Rolf.
> > >
> > > In my first mail i attach my config file. Latest i attach full console
> > > output.
> > >
> > > =C2=FB =EF=E8=F1=E0=EB=E8 26 =E8=FE=ED=FF 2009 =E3., 23:35:14:

>=20
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-bui=
lding.html):

> > First, please do not reply to me only. Put the list on CC, in case
> > somebody else has some insight on the matter.
> >
> > I looked at the kernel config file, but it is pretty difficult to see
> > what is wrong, without either knowing all the options by heart or
> > comparing it to the NOTES files. Moreover, I am sorry, but I cannot find
> >   the console output that you say you attached. Either I am blind or it
> > got stripped somewhere on the way.
>
> He has umass
>
> # USB support
> device		uhci		# UHCI PCI->USB interface
> device		ohci		# OHCI PCI->USB interface
> device		ehci		# EHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 2.0)
> device		usb		# USB Bus (required)
> #device		udbp		# USB Double Bulk Pipe devices
> device		ugen		# Generic
> device		uhid		# "Human Interface Devices"
> device		ukbd		# Keyboard
> device		ulpt		# Printer
> device		umass		# Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
>
> But in his "SCSI peripherals" he has scbus and da commented out.
>
> Kent

>May be Kent Stewart wright, cose http://dumpz.org/10103/. I try compile th=
e=20
>my kernel whith the all "SCSI peripherals" uncomment.=20

You need to add the error messages. You got stdout and what was wrong was=20
still missing.

I have a script that I use to do a build[world, kernel] that=20
uses /var/log/build. I added build to ..\log. It does nothing more than

make buildkernel KERNCONF=3DFREEBSD1 2>&1 |=20
tee /var/log/build/bkernel-`date "+%Y%m%d-%H%M"`.log

It leaves a complete log everytime I build a kernel. Your options would be=
=20
different and I also use csh.

Kent

=2D-=20