Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 07:46:48 -0500
From:      John <jwd@bsdwins.com>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.0-20021027-CURRENT.iso cdrom will not mount

----- Makoto Matsushita's Original Message -----

> jwd>    The iso(s) boot correctly and sysinstall works fine. The disks
> jwd> are formated and newfs'd correctly. However, when sysinstall
> jwd> tries to mount the cdrom, the following error is received:
>
> jwd> Error mounting /dev/acd0c on /dist: Operation not supported by device (19).
>
> Which type of machine did you try?  I've heard exactly the same error
> on the VMware's virtual machine.

   Abit kr7a motherboard, asus cd (plus two others which didn't
work). This machine boots a 4.7 iso with no problems.

   How many other people are testing the 5.0 sysinstall booted
from a cd and running a local (cd/dvd) install? Try booting and
installing from the iso at usw2.freebsd.org and see if it works
for you.

Thanks,
-John