Date:      Sat, 7 Jul 2001 09:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      M a t t M a c C l a r y <ff4444@yahoo.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   link to CVSup in handbook

    Thank you for your work on maintaining FBSD's
awesome
ports system!  I have a suggestion that a link to
the
CVSup section of the handbook should be placed on
the
main ports page freebsd.org/ports it took me a
while
to figure out the essentials of updating my ports
tree,
I think that if I had been directed to this entry
in the
handbook then I would have had an updated ports
tree sooner.
It would be helpful if the main ports page
pointed
directly to the CVSup handbook entry because the
CVSup
link which is currently on the page goes to the
"synching" section of the handbook which doesn't
deal
directly with the ports tree - it is just an
overview of
what tools can be used to sync anything.
     Thank you for considering my suggestion of
linking
freebsd.org/ports to the CVSup section of the
handbook.

                       -Matt MacClary

=====

<><