Date:      Tue, 04 Aug 2015 23:54:16 -1000
From:      parv <parv@bitter-almonds.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   8-stable crashing recently in ufsdirhash

Please CC me as I cannot properly use my laptop, Thinkpad X200 (i386).

8-stable has been crashing a lot since source update of Jul 2015[0]. After building debug kernel, kgdb shows lock reversal order & in ufsdirhash. File systems (/, var, misc) are all UFS, with var & misc having soft updates enabled.

Crash had happened just after boot (during mktemp); when I tried to delete a directory (/misc/obj); when I tried to edit (vi /etc/fstab) so that / would be mounted readonly. Most recent crash ...

http://imagebin.ca/v/2B50NARvIHsH

Any clue would be appreciated.

  - parv

[0] crash also happened while svn was trying to update source of 8. Now "svn log" wants to connect to the remote repo instead of showing the current revision.