Date:      Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:00:08 +0200
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@cichlids.com>
To:        Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: burning a cd

Thus spake Peter Radcliffe (pir@pir.net):

> Get the dos upgrade thing, unpack it on another machine and put
> it on a dos bootable floppy ?
> There isn't a UNIX upgrade method for them, as far as I know, I just
> do it from DOS.

Beside the firmware stuff - Today I wanted to burn an audio-cd, but I
failed while doing the images... I can read in data-cds, only audio
doesn't work. Strange. Any idea?

wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): <CR-4801TE/2.03>, removable, intr, dma, iordis
wcd0: drive speed 1377KB/sec, 2048KB cache
wcd0: supported read types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA
wcd0: supported write types: CD-R, test write
wcd0: Audio: play, 2 volume levels
wcd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
wcd0: Medium: CD-ROM 120mm data disc loaded, unlocked
(there really was a data-disk inside on bootup)

alex:~/mp3> dd if=/dev/wcd0c
dd: /dev/wcd0c: Input/output error
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes transferred in 0.001014 secs (0 bytes/sec)

The same for some different bs's

What do I do wrong?

Thnx

Alex