Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:00:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   hardware compatiblity list and upgrading

alright my bookpc that has served me nicely for over a year now has gone
to hell.

i've had a Dual P3-700e on an Asus P2B-LS.  unfortunately, this MB doesn't
have anything beyond an ata33.  the drive I have is an ata100 drive.  i'm
sure as a PDC/NTP/DNS server, this is more than aqequate, but i'm also
looking to make this unit a proxy server.  therefore i'm looking to get a
Maxtor (Promise) ATA Ultra 100 PCI card.

i need two things.

1. to find if this stuff will all work with FreeBSD 4.7 or 5.0
2. if i can simply take the HD out of the older machine and slap it into
the new machine