Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 11:27:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      neill rr <robalama@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   executable files/commands

Hello,

I dont know exactly how to explain my problem.  I finally got ppp
working and ftp'd to netscape and downloaded navigator 4.5, installed
the port, and everything went fine.  However, now I cant execute any
commands such as reboot, shutdown, startx, xinit, etc.  Everytime I
use a command this iw what I get:

# startx
startx:  not found

even when I go to the directory (for commands such as reboot and
shutdown, in /sbin) the same error occurs.  Im using 3.1-Release and
have bash as my shell (root).

Where might I look for a solution?  Thanks for any help.

Neill