Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:25:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        igorr@crosswinds.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SFT-III like for FreeBSD?

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Igor' Robul' wrote:

> Is there anything for FreeBSD like SFT-III for Netware servers?

No. The closest you can get is a failover solution which makes two
computer work with one IP and when the primary fails the secondary picks
up. This solution however does not handle data synchronization between the
two machines like SFT III it only handles allowing the secondary to start
responding.

> all buffers without closing tables, so data on netserver will be in
> sync with data in workstation memory.

I think your best bet is to flush often.

> Then I can just make snapshop on local disk on file server,

I don't know if Visual has any type of synchronization, but Foxpro for DOS
has NO synchronization capabilities. You can do a procedural type of
syncing, but thas has nothing to do with FreeBSD. If interested write to
me and I will write when I come back (going away for a few days).

> I'm trying to build system which will work without me.

If you are using Foxpro for DOS there is no way to make a system so that
if your primary server goes down the secondary will pick up without your
intervention.