Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:42:04 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        "David" <vetter_david@sbcglobal.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding disks via an expansion card

At 08:16 AM 7/17/2002 -0700, David, you wrote:
> [...]

Have you tried going into /dev and issuing the MAKEDEV commands to make the
individual devices?  How about going through /stand/sysinstall and seeing
if you can manipulate the new drives from there?

I ran into the same problem with you after adding an ATA/66 card.  I had to
add the create the devices /dev/ad6s1, etc. using MAKEDEV and that worked
without a problem.

Oscar