Date:      Mon, 29 May 2006 19:55:39 +0200
From:      Benjamin Lutz <benlutz@datacomm.ch>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux apps, PREFIX and POLA

--nextPart4588008.jnRuXPsEh4

Hello,

I'm just about to finish the update for the linux-enemyterritory port. Then=
 I=20
started thinking about the PREFIX. Currently it uses X11BASE. An opinion th=
at=20
I've noticed growing in popularity is that we should move away from X11BASE=
=20
towards LOCALBASE. The porters handbook states that a port should use X11BA=
SE=20
it if it uses X11 files or links against libs.

Now while Enemy Territory obviously does require X11, it actually links=20
against the linux version of the X11 libs. I suppose it'd be possible to ru=
n=20
it without a FreeBSD X11 installed, just with a Linux X11. So my question i=
s:=20
Should I move linux-enemyterritory from X11BASE to LOCALBASE? Would such a=
=20
move violate POLA, ie will anyone notice the change, and care about it?

Cheers
Benjamin