Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:53:54 -0500
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd

Hi,

Right now I am using user ppp with the nat flag to allow my other
machines to get out on the internet through my bsd box.

I want to start using kernel ppp and natd to do the same thing.

I read through everything about it in the freebsd hanbook and the
Complete FreeBsd book.

I have all the appropriate things turned on in the rc.conf files and
my /etc.rc.firewall looks like this.

sbin/ipfw -f flush
/sbin/ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via ppp0
/sbin/ipfw add pass all from any to any

I know this is not a firewall  but right now I want to let everything
through just to get it working.

The problem is that it is not working.
I do get this error line though

ip_fw_ctl: invalid command.