Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:36:41 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: gcc-3.2.2

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:31:24PM +0200, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
> I do a "make install clean" to install openoffice and notice that the
> new gcc-3.2.2 is installed too.
> I seem to remember having read somewhere that this version of gcc is not
> to be used for a 'buildworld'
>
> How can I prevent future trouble? In other words: how do I make sure
> that the 'right' gcc is used for the right job?

I don't think there's anything to worry about - on my system, /usr/bin/gcc
is version 2.95.4, and GCC 3.2 is installed as gcc32, in /usr/local/bin.
Buildworld will use the one in /usr/bin (i.e., the right one).

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \