Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 1996 10:43:10 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recent diffs

> Ok, the above doesn't bother me too much since i'm using ctm for CVS,
> but one thing i'd like to see: better optimize the very frequent case
> that a file is moved around in the CVS master from foo/ to foo/Attic.
> The current way is to remove the existing file, but retransmit it for
> the Attic copy.

This is a special case of a grander optimization scheme I thought about,
for all files removed and added (and a move is considered a add&remove for
now) try to see if any of the removed files can be used to construct
the added ones.  Giving preference to files with the same basename should
make the search terminate pretty fast.

Yes, it's there, on the drawingboard...

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.