Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:25:41 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: nfe: can not cvs sources anymore!

Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 03:08:58PM +0100, O. Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>> Using these two sources for getting nfe() driver support for my FreeBSD
>> 6.2-BETA/AMD64 box was pretty convenient in the past weeks due to my big
>> interrupt problems using the nve() driver.
>> But with yesterday, I can't get the sources anymore. nfe() isn't yet a
>> part of the 6.2 BETA, that's what I looked first for, so can anybody
>> help me out? Is nfe() a part of 6.2-REL in the near future or are there
>> other reasons stop spreading the sources via that cvs source?
>>
>> Thanks for your help in advance,
>>

> Did you try the version at
> http://www.se.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~shigeaki/software/freebsd-nfe.html
> ?  I use it and except for some peer-to-peer gigabit problems I
> didn't notice any other bad signs.  It's far more stable that
> what we have now in the CVS tree.
>

> Cheers,

Thank you for the link.
No, I did not try this link since I thought the CVS tree's version was
the stabelst version we have. I find it convenient by pushing it via net
using cvs just after I upgraded my CVS tree of the sources for the
operating system. I will keep this link in mind.
Is there a date we can this driver expect in FreeBSD 6.2? Or is the
driver more subject to be merged in 6.2-STABLE and for 6.3? nve() isn't
suitable, neither with SCHED_ULE (which I use now again) and with
SCHED_4BSD, because on my hardware platform the interrupt generation is
much higher than that of the nfe() driver - and due to this massive
interrupts useless for me.

Regards,
Oliver

--