Date:      Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:12:04 +0200
From:      Bartosz Giza <gizmen@blurp.pl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   does freebsd support so called Scalable I/O on intel NIC ?

Hi,

i am looking for a good NIC from NIC to put on our quite busy router based
on freebsd 6.3 (soon 7.x)
I've found server NIC from intel and there is such a thing like scalable I/O
on windows and linux.
(from web page)

"load balancing on multiple CPUs Increases
performance on multi-processor systems by efficiently
balancing network loads across CPU cores when used
with Receive-Side Scaling from Microsoft or Scalable
 I/O on Linux*"

Is such thing supported on freebsd ?

And one more question. Does anybody has some data what is difference on
desktop and server NIC from INTEL in pps or so.
I wonder how faster could be those server NICs

thanks